Monday, December 11, 2006

Face 2 Face with Friends








Meeting in Malta
'Chocolate & Chips'
UK eTwinning Award Project 06.

I was involved in the eTwinning project, ‘Chocolate & Chips’ which won a UK National award in 2006. As a result, I was given the opportunity to visit my partner school, Dun Guizepp Zerala Primary A in Malta and to finally meet Miriam Schmbri who I had spent a term working closely with on the project.

Along with two other school colleagues, I spent a day at the school visiting the infant classes, meeting the teachers and children. The staff were incredibly friendly and were very interested to hear about educational practice in my school, Cauldeen Primary.

It was great to finally meet Miriam after months of communicating by email and to also meet the children who had taken part in the project.


My visit to Malta enabled me to reflect on the similarities and differences between the Maltese and Scottish education systems. Speaking with Miriam allowed me to further develop my teaching approaches to ICT within the context of eTwinning. Through discussion we were able to identify and address issues concerning the use of ICT with infants.

I found the trip to Malta and the chance to meet Miriam extremely beneficial and a great conclusion to our eTwinning project. The connections and friendships formed will carry on into a further eTwinning project between our schools this session.

Marsalidh Chapman
Class Teacher

Cauldeen Primary School Inverness







Top: Marsalidh and Miriam with her class.
Below: Teachers from Scotland and Malta meet to
celebrate eTwinning success.

No comments: